If you are currently facing monetary issues during the festive season and are unable to give your kid a gift, then the Christmas assistance programs can help you with it. Numerous non-profit organizations and Catholic churches from around the world organize these curriculums during the holiday time of Christmas to help low-income families. Apart from that, they also offer their assistance to the elder populations who are looking to buy gifts for putting a smile on their grandson, granddaughter’s faces.
Christmas Assistance Programs For Needy Families
However, the ways of helping generally depend on the association or agency that you are considering opting for. Many organizations out there usually help the families to enjoy the essence of holidays by providing them sumptuous foods and gifts. In addition to gifts and meals, these agencies also offer some grocery and clothing items. There are also numerous other companies, which offer monetary assistance to the people who need help for Christmas.
However, to take their help, you would have to get the holiday assistance application forms and complete them thoroughly. The distributions of these forms generally start from October and November. So, if you are considering taking the help of these Christmas help programs, then make sure to stay updated about their whereabouts on this aspect.
Terms Of The Christmas Assistance Programs
Just like the ways of helping, the terms and conditions of the programs that offer Christmas help for needy families are also quite different. However, still, most of them generally follow a few standard rules and regulations.
- If you have already applied for one free Christmas help program, then you cannot opt for any other curriculums or local agencies. If you do, then your previous application for assistance will be canceled by the authority of the organization.
- While getting your application form, you would have to take your updated official picture identification and overall household income strata with you. Otherwise, the personnel of the agency would not provide you the application form.
- Apart from that, you would also have to take social security cards and the evidence of residency with family members.
- Before offering you their application forms, the non-profit organizations would, first, evaluate your income structure and a few other things. It is solely on them who they consider being eligible to enjoy the benefits of their programs.
So, these are some of the terms that most Christmas assistance programs usually follow. However, as mentioned before, a particular agency might also follow numerous other rules and have different eligibility criteria. So, make sure to know all about the rules and regulations of an agency before opting for them.
During the Christmas holidays, Numerous churches arrange Church Assistance Programs that help families in need.
Different Types Of Christmas Help Programs
As stated earlier, there are various types of agencies and programs that can help with Christmas toys and gifts. Here are the names of a few of them.
Toys for Tots
Toys for Tots, also known as ToT, is a charitable agency that has been established by the Marine Corps to help the families in need during the festive season. Before almost two to three months of the festive season, this organization starts collecting and sorting procedures of the toys that are provided by its members. When the day comes, the personnel from the company would personally call the applicants and request them to collect their gifts.
Toys for Tots offers its services to the families, which has at least one child in their family who is aged fourteen or less. When talking about the gifts, they usually provide one brand new large toy and a smaller one.
Make a Wish Foundation
Widely known as one of the best Christmas help programs in the world, Make a Wish Foundation offers its help throughout the whole year. Aside from providing gifts and toys during the time of Christmas, the program helps the kids who are suffering from life-threatening conditions. However, they only help the kids who are aged from three to eighteen years old. They also give priority to those children who are severely ill or are suffering from severe health conditions.
Salvation Army is one of the biggest and the most prominent non-profit organizations in the world, which provides numerous assistance programs throughout the year. During the time of Christmas, they organize four different programs for offering free Christmas help.
- Holiday Events: During December, the Salvation Army hosts numerous types of holiday events and gift parties for the kids. Various members of the Salvation Army also visit the children’s hospitals for distributing gifts and happiness among everyone.
- Angel Tree Program: Through this program, the Salvation Army offers different types of warm clothing and glamorous toys to make their time more vibrant and colorful.
- Food and Grocery Assistance: Just like the name suggests, with this program, the organizations set up free food pantries that provide groceries and meals to the low-income families that need help for Christmas.
- Bill-Pay Assistance: By applying for this program, you will be able to get some monetary assistance from the Salvation Army to pay for the heat and electricity bills.
Prison Fellowship Organization
Unlike the other agencies, the Prison fellowship Organization seeks to help those children. Whose parents are serving a sentence in jail. Due to their parents’ fault, these kids usually do not get to enjoy the real charm of holidays. Therefore, to make them happy and put a smile on their face, this agency collects toys throughout the year and distributes them among the children.
United Way Christmas Bureau
United Way Christmas Bureau is one of those charity organizations that help the families in need throughout the whole year. However, during the period of Christmas, the activities of this organization increase by quite a mile. For the distribution purpose, they generally take the help of other local charities and organizations. So, if you have not been able to buy gifts for your kid during this Christmas! then do not forget to take the help of the United Way Christmas Bureau.
Catholic Charities Christmas Connection
Catholic Charities is a collection of several organizations, which assists low-income families and individuals during the period of Christmas. Apart from the gifts, Catholic Charities also provides clothing items and numerous other household items. such as linens, dishes, and pots.
These are some of how Catholic Charities can provide help for Christmas.
Free Christmas Trees
The Christmas trees are one of the essential parts of a Christmas decoration. However, they are known to be quite pricey. Therefore, many families, which have low-income strata, generally do not get the chance to buy them and decorate their houses.
So, like many others, if you are facing this issue, then you can always opt for the Free Christmas Trees program. Held by several different charity organizations. These Christmas assistance programs offer free trees to low-income families to make their holidays more cheerful.
Christmas is one of the most exclusive and festive times of the year. Especially for the small members of the family. So, if you could not buy anything this year due to monetary issues. Then make sure to apply for the free assistance programs that offer help with Christmas gifts and toys.